Abuse Warning Signs
- Is extremely jealous.
- Wants to know where you are at all times.
- Gets upset if you spend time with friends or family.
- Holds rigid expectations of male/female or adult/child role.
- Expects you to meet his/her emotional needs.
- Blames others and you for his/her problems.
- Threatens you with violence.
- There may be many other warning signs; you can phone Genevra House (705-674-2210) for further information.
In your contact with any family member, the following observations should be considered clues to the possibility of wife assault.
- a history of wife assault or child abuse in the partner’s family of origin.
- a suspicion of child abuse or sexual abuse in his/her role as a parent.
- abuse of drugs or alcohol.
- a history of suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts.
Such characteristics as
- temper tantrums
- excessive dependence on his wife
Adapted Understanding Wife assault: A Training Manual for Counselors and Advocates by Deborah Sinclair M.S.W. C.S.W. pg 44
This post is also available in: French